Drugs, narcotics, food, pornographic material, live plants, firearms, ammunition, tires and Household Appliances (Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, etc) that operate with compressed gas containing CFC’s or with fluids type R-12 or R-502 are strictly prohibited. Alcohol, cigarettes are restricted.
Household goods and personal effects are allowed duty free for:
* Foreign diplomats,
* Ecuadorian diplomats,
* Ecuadorian citizens returning after finishing official assignments in International Organizations recognized by the Ecuadorian Government.
d)Ecuadorian citizens returning after a minimum if one (1) year of legal residence abroad (resident visa from the country where they return from is required)
* Foreigners with immigrant visa, and
* Foreigners with non-immigrant working visa.
- Only one item per article is allowed. Additional items are subject to payment of duties and fines or confiscation
- Returning citizens will not be eligible for duty free importation in they have stayed in Ecuador for more than 30 days during the last year of abroad residence.
- The shipment must arrive up to 60 days AFTER the arrival of the consignee.
- Shipments on which all conditions are not fulfilled will be subject to payment of import taxes (approx. 43% of CIF value, calculated by Customs after inspection)
(Ecuador tax contributor unique register, if the consignee is a company)), ID number (if importer is an Ecuadorian natural person) or passport number (if other than Ecuadorian). If the cargo is consigned to THE OTHER, the notify’s R.U.C., ID or Passport number must be indicated.NEW REGULATIONS IN EFFECT SINCE MAY/03
- Except for diplomats, household goods and personal effects shipments valued over $ 4.000,oo (declared value for Customs purposes only, not full replacement value), must be inspected an origin before embarkation.Lack of verification at origin will cause immediate re-embarkation of shipment.
- Transportation Insurance policy must be taken in Ecuador (for Customs purposes only, does not replace regular door to door insurance certificate issued at origin). Our company will take care of this at destination.DOCUMENTATION NEEDED FOR CLEARANCE PROCESS
* Original passport with stamped visa
* The property of goods must be demonstrated by means of the buying documents or with a sworn declaration stamped by an Ecuadorian Consul at origin, in which is evident the detailed and complete list of household goods and working equipment included on the shipment. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. (Before Shipping)) Work contract valid for more than one year (foreigners only)
Resident visa from the country they return from (returning citizens only)
Migratory Certificate, issued at destination by Migration Police prior to presentation of Customs declaration (not applicable to foreign and Ecuadorian diplomats)
* Verification certificate (when applicable, issued by Inspection Company)
* Transportation Insurance policy issued in Ecuador (When arrived)
- If the visa is not stamped on arrival, a $2.000,oo refundable guarantee must be presented. If the working visa is not presented to Customs within 90 days, the guarantee will not be reimbursed and Customs duties will be applied.
- Returning Ecuadorians must present the resident visa from the country they were living in.
- Except for diplomats, detailed physical inspection at the port of entry is mandatory
- If non-declared items are found during inspection, this will be considered a felony and will be severely punished.* DOCUMENTATION NEEDED (DIPLOMATIC SHIPMENTS ONLY)
* Original passport
* Inventory list (no Consular seal needed)
* Official Franchise from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs approved by Customs
* If a motor vehicle is included, original invoice
Except for diplomatic shipments, importation of used motor vehicles is prohibited. To import a motor vehicle, it must be brand new, it must be inspected at origin before embarkation (even if it is sharing a container with household goods) and an import permit must be previously approved in Ecuador. Motor vehicles are subject to duties (approx. 65% of CIF value).
Normal customs clearance, internal transportation, delivery at residence, unpacking, positioning of goods, same day removal of debris, car handling, car delivery at our warehouse, return of empty container if applicable.
Duties and taxes, demurrage, THC(APROX. USD100,00), port fees, and/or storage and any additional charge (i.e. piano handling, working on holidays, deliveries after 17h00 or prior to 8h00, hoisting, heavy lifts, delivery postponed after shipment left Customs which generates charges for load, unload, liftruck, additional transport)