LEARN MORE ABOUT SHIPPING SERVICES FROM A NVOCC
Need Overseas Shipping Services? Get help from a Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier or NVOCC.
A Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier or NVOCC is a shipment consolidator. Shipment consolidators provide a variety of international shipping services which include packing cargo, and picking up, transporting, and providing door to door cargo delivery, to customers all over the world.
An NVOCC functions as a cargo carrier by issuing bills of lading, also called a B/L or BOL. Bills of lading are documents which acknowledge that goods have been received on board a cargo vessel for shipment to a specified destination and consignee for final delivery.
An NVOCC assumes responsibility for ocean freight, but an NVOCC does not own a cargo vessel. In order to become an NVOCC in the United States, a company must obtain an ocean transportation intermediary (OTI) license from the United States Federal Maritime Commission. Companies that apply for the OTI license must pass a multi-step process administered by the Federal Maritime Commission.
There are many benefits to using a reliable and experienced NVOCC. Good NVOCCs can help you save you money and time.
Cargo Experts is an NVOCC and we offer a range of cargo services to meet all of your international cargo shipping needs. We have many satisfied customers including individuals, small and large businesses, and government agencies. We are ready to take care of your cargo shipping so contact us today for a free online freight quote or to learn more about our international cargo shipping services.
Our international cargo shipping services also include:
- Expertise with international cargo shipping across the globe
- Experience with importing and exporting a wide range of cargo including oversize items and temperature sensitive cargo
- Onsite packing, rigging, crating, securing, and bracing of your items
- Direct and personalized pick up and delivery of your cargo container, with door to door service from your point of origin to your final destination
- Referrals to the necessary agencies for all required customs documents
- Assurance that proper documentation stays with your cargo container during international cargo shipping