Shipping to the UAE
Shipping to the UAE
If you are thinking about cargo shipping household items, a vehicle, or other goods to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), there are some customs rules and regulations you might want to know in advance.
Dear CARGO EXPERTS…Good Day! The container arrived on Monday and the unloading crew did a fine job…Thank you,Danielle C. in UAE
If you are shipping new items to the United Arab Emirates, it is likely that you will have to pay some taxes, which are typically based on the value of the items.
When you are cargo shipping to the UAE, keep in mind that all cargo shipments may be inspected. You can ship used household goods and other used personal items duty-free but you will need to obtain a UAE Residence Permit. This is something in which a reliable and dependable sea shipping company like Cargo Experts can assist.
If you are a resident of UAE returning to the region after having been away for a while, or if you are not a resident of UAE but are planning on moving to United Arab Emirates, there are some important documents you need to get in order to make your cargo shipping experience easier. Make sure you have the following paperwork in order before cargo shipping to the UAE:
- Two copies of your original passport
- A UAE Residence Permit
- Proof of employment in UAE
- Detailed inventory of your cargo shipping items written in English with an original and two additional copies Insurance certificate
If you are shipping new household goods and personal items, you will be expected to pay duty fees. This will be determined in greater detail by customs officials in the United Arab Emirates.
Items Restricted from Cargo Shipping to UAE
If you are cargo shipping to UAE, it is important to note that there are some items that are restricted. Some of the items that are restricted when cargo shipping to the United Arab Emirates and may require additional paperwork or special approvals include the following:
- Plants require a Health Certificate
- Political or religious literature requires prior approval from the UAE Ministry
- Medication is subject to approval and inspection
- Food items are subject to inspection and approval from the Ministry of Health
- Corrosive or flammable goods
- Valuables that include stamp collections or rare coins
Items Prohibited from Shipping to UAE
If you are shipping to UAE, it is helpful to note that there are certain things that you cannot ship to the United Arab Emirates. For example, you are not allowed to ship pork meat or pork related products of any kind. Prohibited items detained by the United Arab Emirates Customs authorities may be destroyed without the owners’ consent.
Items that are prohibited or require special permits from officials include the following:
- Any paperwork or other items considered offensive to Islamic teachings and principles are not allowed into the UAE.
- Firearms, weapons and ammunition (even decorative weapons or toy guns may be banned)
- Alcohol (this includes fine wines)
- Endangered species and all products made from endangered animals (e.g., ivory)
- Communication equipment and wireless transmitters
- Counterfeit money
It is important that you carefully pack and clearly label all printed matter when shipping to UAE and this includes books, pictures, records, tapes, films, slides, movies, videos, CDs, software, and other related items. It is advisable that you pack these items separately to facilitate the inspection process. Find out more helpful tips about planning and packing household goods for international cargo shipping to UAE.
Interesting in Shipping a Car to UAE?
If you are interested in shipping a car to UAE or importing a vehicle to the United Arab Emirates, Cargo Experts can help you with all the details related to ro ro shipping and shipping a car to UAE. First of all, be prepared to pay duty taxes and related fees on all new and used cars and other motor vehicles that you ship to the United Arab Emirates. You will also need a valid UAE Residence Visa in order to register a car in the UAE. Before shipping a car to UAE, you will want to get some of your paperwork in order. This includes:
- Registration documents for the vehicle from place of origin
- Title or Deed
- Copy of Purchase Invoice for Vehicle
- Certificate of Origin
- Copy of Passport
- Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Proof of Vehicle Ownership
If you are shipping a car to UAE, it is also noteworthy that you cannot import cars or vehicles with tinted glass to the United Arab Emirates.
International cargo shipping to UAE is much easier with the help of a dependable and reliable cargo shipping company. Contact Cargo Experts for more specific information about rules and regulations when shipping to UAE. Call Cargo Experts toll free today at 866-994-7822 with any questions you might have about international cargo shipping to UAE or for a fast and free FREIGHT QUOTE for your cargo shipment to UAE.